Scott Blankenship believes that no person, government, or corporate entity is beyond the reach of the law. He is committed to seeing that our court system protects and advances fundamental rights, not only for his clients but for our nation and community.
He has built a law firm committed to enforcing justice for individual and employee rights. For more than two decades, the firm’s passionate and experienced lawyers have prevailed against the largest companies and entities in both trial and on appeal, obtaining proven results with multiple seven‑figure recoveries in complex civil cases, including class actions in state and federal courts. Recent results include:
- A $8.9 million arbitration award for two physicians in Bauer & Romney v. CHI Franciscan (2020)
- A $2.5 million recovery for a physician in Anel v. CHI Franciscan (2015)
- A $1.86 million recovery for able bodies seaman in Miranda v. Alaska Longline (2017)
- A $1.7 million class action recovery in 2018
Scott received his Bachelor of Arts degree from UCLA, graduating with the distinction of Chancellor’s Marshal. He studied law at Cambridge University in England and earned his law degree from Tulane University Law School, where he served as Editor in Chief of the Tulane Environmental Law Journal.
He is a frequent lecturer at legal seminars and has contributed to several legal publications. Scott also has served as a National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) Instructor, teaching lawyers trial skills.
Awards & Recognition
Scott has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” – one of the top 5% of lawyers in Washington – each year since 2003. Other honors and awards include:
- Named as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Washington by the National Trial Lawyers, from 2007 – 2023
- Selected as one of “The Best Lawyers in America” from 2012-2023 by Best Lawyers
- Received a Lifetime Achievement Award from America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- Named one of the state of Washington’s Top 25 Class Action Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers
- “AV Preeminent” ranked by his peers, the highest rating in Martindale-Hubbell’s National Law Directory
Scott was recently featured in the Washington 2019 edition of Super Lawyers magazine, naming him “The Worker’s Warrior.” Scott was also featured by Washington CEO Magazine as one of the top ten Employment/Labor Lawyers in Washington State, and was the featured lawyer in the employment law edition of the King County Bar Bulletin.
- J.D. – Tulane University
- B.A. – University of California, Los Angeles
- U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
- U.S. District Court of Oregon
- U.S. District Court for Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Washington State Association for Justice (Eagle Member)
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Washington Employment Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers